As an Independent School we have the autonomy to makes decisions at school level through our school board. West Coast SESC has an active School Board comprising of parents, community members and staff.
Opportunities arise for new members to join our school board at our Annual General Meeting. All interested people are welcome to attend any of the meetings and have input although elected representatives will have the final decision making power.
The function of the School Board are prescribed by the School Education Act 1999 and the School Education Regulations 2000 as follows:
Take part in:
- establishing and reviewing from time to time, the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- planning financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and directions;
- evaluating the school’s performance in achieving those objectives, priorities and directions;
- assist in formulating codes of conduct for students at the school;
- take part in the selection of, but not the appointment of, the school principal or any other member of the teaching staff if prior approval is given by the Regional Executive Director.
- charges and contribution determined by the principal for the provision of materials, services and facilities;
- the costs determined by the principal to be paid for participation in an extra cost optional component of the school’s educational program;
- the items determined by the principal to be supplied by a student for the student’s personal use in the school’s educational program;
- an agreement or arrangement for advertising or sponsorship in relation to a government school.
- in consultation with students, their parents and staff of the school, a dress code for students when they are attending or representing the school.
- the school in the community.
Board Membership for 2023
Chairperson: David Wilson
Secretary: Tamara Gill
Christopher Chatterton (Teacher, Warwick Senior High School)
West Coast Staff
Carol Clarke (Principal)
Claire Hayhoe (Manager Corporate Services)
Lisa Broxton (Deputy Principal)
Debbie Pember (Education Assistant)